Subramanian Swamy (born 15 September 1939) is an Indian politician, economist, and statistician. He serves as a member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha. He was also the member of Planning commission of India and was a Cabinet Minster in Chandra Shekhar government between 10 November 1990 and 21 June 1991.
Subramanian Swamy was born on 15 September 1939. He is an Indian politician and economist. He also serves as a member of the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. He was also the founder member and President of Janata Party, later on it merged with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He also served as a member of the Planning Commission of India. Swamy was also appointed as the Chairman of Labour Standards and International Trade by India’s former Prime Minister P.V.Narasimha Rao. He is also writer and written books on foreign affairs of India. On April 2016 he nominated Member of Rajya Sabha.
EARLY LIFE AND EDUCATION
He was born in Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. His Father Sitaraman Subramanian was a lawyer and his mother Padmavathy was a housewife. He has 3 siblings, with one younger brother and two younger sisters. He also served as the director of the Central Statistical Institute in Delhi, and he was also a statistical adviser to the Government of India. He studied in Hindu College Bachelors in Mathematics from University of Delhi and Master’s from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. He then went to Harvard University, where he studied PhD in Economics in 1965. He also worked as a resident professor in Harvard University. He fell in love with an Indian lady and got married to her in 1966. Roxna is his wife name, and he is an advocated in Supreme Court of India. He has two daughters, Gitanjali Swamy and Suhasini Haider. Gitanjali is a businessman and her husband is Sanjay Sarma an MIT prefessor and Suhasini is a journalist whose husband is Nadeem.
|Real Name||Subramanian Swamy|
|Profession||Indian Politician, economist and a statistician|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• He was one of the founding members of Janata Dal and was the cabinet minister as well.
• He was elected 5 times Parliament member Between 1974 and 1999.
• During 1990-91 he was a member of Planning Commission of India and also worked as a Cabinet Minister of Commerce and Law during same period.
• He was also worked as the Chairman of the Commission on Labor Standards and International Trade between 1994 and 1996.
• Till 2013 he was the President of Janata Dal and after that he joined BJP After serving as the President of Janata Party till 2013 and announce that Janata Dal will merge with BJP.
• In 2016, he was become Member of Rajya Sabha by the President of India, When >Narendra Modi was the 14th PM of India.
|Biggest Rival||Sonia and Rahul Gandhi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Date of Birth||15 September 1939|
|Age (as of 2023)||84 Years|
|Birthplace||Mylapore, Madras Presidency, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College||Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India|
|University||University of Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. Mathematics
PhD in Economics
|Debut||Academic– After obtaining his doctorate in Economics from Harvard University in 1965, Swamy became an assistant professor at the same university and later in 1969, he was made an associate professor.
Politics– Swamy was involved in an political movement called Sarvodaya which result in the formation of a strong political party called Janata Party in 23 January 1977.
|Family||Father– Sitaram Subramanian
Mother– Padmavati Subramanian
Brother– Ram Subramanian
Sister– Not Known
|Address||AB-14, Pandara Road,
• Swamy dehisce controversy statement with his tweet that at that time RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan is not mentally a complete Indian.
• National Herald case, Swamy On 1 November 2012 Swamy alleged Sonia and Rahul Gandhi that they have committed fraud to grab ₹20 billion (US$290 million) by acquiring a public ltd company called Associated Journals Private Ltd (AJPL) via their own private company, Young Indian. It was formed on 23 November 2010.
• On 22 February 2016, Swamy filed a PIL in the Supreme Court of India and ask to allow construction of Rama temple at the disputed site where Babri Masjid was demolished Sangh parivar karsevaks on December 6, 1992.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Roxna Swamy (m. 1966)
Daughter– Gitanjali Swamy (Entrepreneur & Private equity professional)
Suhasini Haider (Print & Television Journalist)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$100K-1M Approx.|
Filed a Complaint against Jayalalithaa
In 1996, He filed a complaint against Jayalalitha which resultant 4 years of Imprisonment. But on May 11, 2015 there was a special Bench of Karnataka High Court dismissed all the cases but he again appeal against her in Supreme Court.
Phone tapping allegation
He accusation former intelligence chief and show a letter that he had asked DoT to tap the phone of some of the popular politicians and businessmen in Karnataka. But Hegde filed a case against him for this allegation in 1989.
He exposed 2G spectrum scam
In November 2008, he file a case on Supreme Court of India for CBI enquiry against A. Reja regarding 2G spectrum scam and also submitted a detailed report against him which led Government of India to re-auction the 2G spectrum without the involvement of then Communications Minister Kapil Sibal.
Filed charge against Sonia Gandhi of corruption.
He filed a 206 pages petition to PM Manmohan Singh on 15 April 2011 and accused Sonia Gandhi for the charges of corruption. He even raised doubts regarding her Indian Citizenship.
You may like it : Amit Shah height, Weight, Caste, Age, Biography & Family
National Herald case
On 1 November 2012, Swamy again alleged both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and said that they have committed fraud and land grabbing 20 billion (US$300 million). All these happen by creating a public ltd company whose name was by Associated Journals Private Ltd (AJPL) through their own company called Young Indian and it was formed on 23 November 2010. In this way they got publication rights of National Herald and Quami Awaz newspapers with all the real estate belongs to both these publications, but the real estate was only meant for publication house, and now they have rented that place and earning lac of rupees from those places.
Ayodhya Ram temple case
On 22 February 2016, He filed a PIL in Supreme Court to allow the construction of Ram Lala Temple at the place where in 1992 Babri Masjid was demolished and he refared the judgment of Allahabad High Court on 30 Septemeber 2010.
He has also written many books.
Swamy is a published author of several books, research papers and journals. A complete list of papers, books and journals is included below to which he is the author.
- Hindutva and National Renaissance (Publisher: Har Anand Publication; ISBN 978-81-241-1527-5)
- Virat Hindu Identity – Concept and its Power (Publisher: Har Anand Publication; ISBN 978-81-241-1770-5)
- Economic Growth in China and India, 1952–70 (Publisher: University of Chicago Press; ISBN 978-0-226-78315-4)
- Indian economic planning: An alternative approach (Publisher: Barnes & Noble; ISBN 978-0-389-04202-0)
- Building a New India: An Agenda for National Renaissance (Publisher: South Asia Books; ISBN 978-81-85674-21-6)
- India’s Labour Standards and the WTO Framework (Publisher: Konark Publishers; ISBN 978-81-220-0585-1)
- India’s economic performance and reforms: A perspective for the new millennium (Publisher: Konark Publishers; ISBN 978-81-220-0594-3)
- Assassination of Rajiv Gandhi: Unanswered Questions and Unasked Queries (Publisher: Konark Publishers; ISBN 978-81-220-0591-2)
- India’s China perspective (Publisher: Konark Publishers; ISBN 978-81-220-0606-3)
- Financial Architecture and Economic Development in China and India (Publisher: Konark Publishers; ISBN 978-81-220-0718-3)
- Trade and Industry in Japan: A Guide to Indian Entrepreneurs and Businessmen (Publisher: Prentice-Hall of India; ISBN 978-81-203-0785-8)
- Sri Lanka in Crisis: India’s Options (Publisher: Har Anand Publications; ISBN 978-81-241-1260-1)
- Kailas and Manasarovar after 22 years in Shiva’s domain (Publisher: Allied Publishers)
- Hindus Under Siege (Publisher: Har Anand Publications; ISBN 978-81-241-1207-6)
- Rama Setu: Symbol of National Unity (Publisher: Har Anand Publications; ISBN 978-81-241-1418-6)
- Terrorism in India: A Strategy of Deterrence for India’s National Security (Publisher: Har Anand Publications; ISBN 978-81-241-1344-8)
- Corruption and Corporate Governance in India: Satyam, Spectrum & Sundaram (Publisher: Har Anand Publications; ISBN 978-81-241-1486-5)
- 2G Spectrum Scam (Publisher: Har Anand Publications; ISBN 978-81-241-1638-8)
- Electronic Voting Machines: Unconstitutional and Tamperable (Publisher: Vision Books; ISBN 978-81-7094-798-1)
- Predictions and Meditations (Publisher: India International Centre Quarterly 36, no. 3/4 (2009): 202-22.