Sushma Swaraj (14 February 1952 – 6 August 2019) : She was an Indian Politician and former External Affairs Minister of India from 26 May 2014 to 30 May 2019 and a Senior Supreme Court lawyer. She was the second woman to hold the office, after Indira Gandhi. She was seven times elected Member of Parliament and 3 times elected member of Legislative Assembly. At the age of 25 in 1977, she became the youngest cabinet minister of India of State of Haryana. She was also served as the 5th Chief Minister of Delhi from 13 October 1998 to 3 December 1998.
|Real Name||Sushma Swaraj|
|Nickname||The Common Tweeple’s Leader|
|Profession||Indian Politician and Senior Supreme Court lawyer|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Swaraj started her political career with (ABVP) Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in the 1970s.
• At the age of 25, She became a member of the Haryana Legislative Assembly from 1977 to 1982 & 1987 to 1990, She got Ambala Cantonment assembly seat.
• In July 1977, She was elected as a Cabinet Minister in the Janata Party Government which is headed by then Chief Minister Chaudhary Devi Lal.
• She became Haryana State President of Janata Party in 1979, At the age of 27 years the very young state head.
• In 1987 to 1990, She become the Education Minister of Haryana in the Bharatiya Janata Party Lok Dal coalition government.
• In April 1990, She was elected as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
• In 1996, She elected member of Lok Sabha from South Delhi constituency. In the same time she become Cabinet Minister of Information and Broadcasting in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Government.
• In 1998, She became the first female Chief Minister of Delhi.
• In January 2003 until May 2004 she hold the position of Minister of Health, Family Welfare and Parliamentary Affairs.
• In 2009, She won the 15th Lok Sabha constituency in Madhya Pradesh with the highest vote margin of over 400,000 votes.
• From 26 May 2014 to 30 May 2019 She served as the Indian External Affairs Minister under Prime Minister Narendra Modi Government.
• 6th August 2019 According to doctors at AIIMS, she go under to cardiac arrest.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 149 cm
in meters- 1.49 m
in Feet Inches- 4’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Date of Birth||14 February 1952|
|Age (as in 2019)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||Ambala Cantt, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College||Sanatan Dharma College, Kurukshetra University, Punjab University|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor degrees in Sanskrit and Political Science|
|Family||Father– Hardev Sharma
Mother– Shrimati Laxmi Devi
Brother– Gulshan Sharma
Sister– Vandana Sharma
• Poeple mention that, As an External Affairs Minister in NDA Government she helped Lalit Modi in the travel Visa Process, However she refused and said Lalit Modi’s right of residency was not cancelled since the Enforcement Directorate did not file an extradition request.
• In 2014, Sushma Swaraj was heavily criticised, When she start arguing when Prime Minister Modi to declare Bhagwat Gita as the national book of India.
|Favourite Food||Pani Puri, Payaj Kachori, Aloo paranthas|
|Favorite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Daughter– Bansuri Swaraj
|Net Worth (approx.)||7.2 Crore INR|