He is also a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party Previously he served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. He was also the President of the BJP between 2005 to 2009 and 2013 to 2014. He started his career as a lecturer and was also a member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
• In 1974, he was appointed secretary of Bhartiya Jana Sangh for the Mirzapur Unit in Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1975, he was appointed district president of the Jana Sangh.
• In 1977, he became M.L.A. from Mirzapur constituency.
• In 1984, became the State President of the BJP Youth Wing.
• In 1986, became the National General Secretary of the BJP Youth Wing.
• In 1988, became the National President of the BJP Youth Wing.
• In 1988, became a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
• In 1991, became Education Minister in the Uttar Pradesh Government.
• In 1994, became a member of the Rajya Sabha.
• In 25 March 1997 he became the State President of Uttar Pradesh BJP.
• In 22 November 1999, he became the Transport Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s Government.
• On 28 October 2000, He became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2002, he became the National General Secretary of BJP.
• In July 2004, he was appointed as National General Secretary of BJP.
• Onn 31 December 2005, he became the National President of BJP.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated Poonam Sinha of the Samajwadi Party by over 3.4 lakh votes from Lucknow and elected as Defence Minister of India in Narendra Modi’s Government.
Physical Stats & More
in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
Date of Birth
10 July 1951
Age (as in 2019)
Bhabhaura, Chandauli District, Uttar Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign
Chandauli District, Uttar Pradesh, India
Gorakhpur University, Uttar Pradesh
• BSc From K.B.P.G College, Mirzapur Gorakhpur University in 1969
• MSc Physics from Gorakhpur University, Uttar Pradesh in 1971
Rajnath Singh was born on 10th July 1951 in in village Babhora, Tehasil Chakia, District Varansi (now district Chanduli) Uttar Pradesh. His father name was Rambadan Singh and Srimati Gujarati Devi.Rajnath Singh Birth Place
He did his schooling from his native village and then he completed his Graduate and Post Graduate from Gorakhapur University, UP. He also worked as a lecturer of Physics at K.B. Post-Graduate College Mirzapur, UP. Since his childhood he was the active member of RSS.
Political Career and Life Journey
From 1969 to 1971 he was the Organizational secretary of ABVP a student wing of BJP then in 1972 he become RSS karyavah (General Secretary) of Mirzapur city in 1972. In 1974 he entered into politics and become Secretary of Bharatiya Jana Sangh, Mirzaur. In October 28, 2000, He became Chief Minister of UP and also elected as MLA from Haidargarh constituency in Barabanki two times. In December 31, 2005 he become BJP National President also got elected as a MP from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh. Currently he is Defence Minister of India and took oath On May 30, 2019.