Anurag Kashyap (born 10 September 1972) : He is an Indian film director, writer, editor, producer and actor. He got famous after his film Masaan and Gangs Of Wasseypur. He has won many awards including a National Film Award, and four Filmfare Awards.
Some lesser known facts.
- After completion of School, he wanted to become a Scientist and that’s why he got admission as B.Sc graduate.
- During struggle days in Mumbai he spent most of the time on Bench and Street.
- The turning point was when Manoj Bajpayee interoduce him to Ram Gopal Varma to Write a movie script and he wrote a super duper hit script Satya.
- He always make a film which is unique in Industry some of the Anurag Kashyap’s Film name is Gangs Of Wasseypur, Manmarziyaan, Ugly, Raman Raghav 2.0, Super 30 etc.
- He also have his own production company with name Anurag Kashyap Films Pvt. Ltd. (AKFPL)
|Full Name||Anurag Singh Kashyap|
|Profession(s)||Film director, Screenwriter, Actor and Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 86 kg
in Pounds- 190 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
As a Producer: Udaan (2010)
As an Actor: Black Friday (Cameo Role, 2010)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||
• Best Screenplay with Saurabh Shukla for ‘Satya’ (1999) in Screen Award
• 20 May 2013 Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government at 2013 Cannes Film Festival
• Best Story and Best Screenplay Award at the 56th Filmfare Awards with Vikramaditya Motwane for Udaan.
• Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue with Zeishan Quadri, Sachin Ladia and Akhilesh Jaiswal for Gangs of Wasseypur at the 58th Filmfare Awards
• Yash Bharti Award by the Government of Uttar Pradesh (2016)
• 60th Filmfare Awards, Kashyap won the Filmfare Award for Best Editing with Abhijit Kokate for Queen
|Date of Birth||10 September 1972|
|Age (as in 2018)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Green School, Dehradun, Scindia School, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||Hans Raj College, New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science|
• In 2000, His film “Paanch” fall into the controversy for violent portrayal of youths.
• In 2007, His another film “Black Friday” became controversial for displaying sensitive issue of 1993 Bombay Bomb Blasts.
• Kashyap critisize by Censor Board of India for his film “Udta Punjab” in which portrayate Punjab in a bad sense.
• He is often criticized by the media for promoting sex, drugs, and abuses through his films.
• Recently after 370 Article about Jammu and Kashmir he made some comment for the government and then a person threaten him via twitter.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Aarti Bajaj, Film Editor (2003-2009)
Kalki Koechlin, Actress (2011-2015)
Daughter– Aaliyah Kashyap
– Prakash Singh (Was a Chief Engineer of the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited)
Mother– Manjari Kashyap
|Siblings||Brother– Abhinav Kashyap (Film Director and Screenwriter)
Sister– Anubhuti Kashyap
|Favourite Food(s)||Chocolate, Nespresso, Cheese, Cereals, Fish|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Scarlett Johansson|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood– Sahib Biwi Aur Gulam
Hollywood– Bicycle Thieves
Mahindra XUV500 SUV
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 10 crores/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$125 million|